Interstate 57 Crossing
- DFS was approached for a HDD crossing project under a major interstate. Geotechnical reports showed some gravel and sand for the first 30 vertical feet, then limestone to 200 feet deep. Due to the bore being under a major interstate, zero frac outs were tolerated that could possibly rupture interstate traffic.
- The contractor ran into some reactive clay (glacial till) that was not expected or shown on the geotechincal reports.
- The bore was 2200' long and final hole size was 48".
- The mud program was enhanced to counter the fractures of glacial till.
- Zero frac outs happened across the length of the bore.
- Project experienced zero downtime related to drilling fluid problems.
- Accurate inventory was tracked the entire project.